THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED WITH REFERENCE TO THE WEBSITES
WWW. AUTOHOME-OFFICIAL.COM AND WWW.SHOP.AUTOHOME-OFFICIAL.COM
I. – WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
– the entity that installs them on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same operator of the site that the user is visiting (so called “first party cookies”) or a different site that installs cookies through the first site (so called “third party cookies”).
– The purpose of each cookie: some cookies allow the website that installed them to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the user while browsing or making a purchase or to authenticate the access to restricted areas (so-called “technical cookies”).
– Other cookies allow the site that has installed them to monitor the user’s navigation also with the aim of sending advertising and/or offering services in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the web (so-called “profiling cookies”). Only profiling cookies require the prior and explicit consent of the user.
II. – HOW TO GIVE CONSENT TO PROFILING COOKIES
When visiting the site for the first time, the user can accept all cookies by performing one of the following actions:
– closing the banner by clicking on the X or “OK” in the banner itself, or
– accessing another area of the site or clicking on any element of the page (image or link) outside the banner, or
– by scrolling the page.
During the first visit to the site, if you do not perform any of the actions described in the banner but access the extended information from the banner, you may
– deny consent to the installation of cookies by clicking on the appropriate link in the tables at the bottom of the description of each cookie (called “Opt-Out”);
– manage the cookie preferences directly within their browser, preventing their installation;
– delete already installed cookies from their browser, including the cookie in which the user’s consent to the installation of cookies by the sites has been saved.
The following profiling/non-technical cookies and/or other technologies such as beacons/Clear GIF/fingerprinting are used:
|Type of cookie||Technical name||Purpose||Further information from cookie owners and third-party management is available.|
|Cookie Facebook||Cookie to include in the website pages Facebook pushbuttons||https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/|
|Cookie Twitter||Cookie to include in the website pages Twitter pushbuttons||https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it|
|Cookie Google+||Cookie to include in the website pages Google+ pushbuttons||http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/|
|Cookie Video Embedding Youtube||Cookie to allow the website to be shown on Youtube||http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|
|Cookie Google Analytics||Cookie for the Google Analytics service.||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409?hl=it|
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) are configured to accept cookies, however you can control, delete, and disable them. For more information on how to set your cookie preferences through your browser, please refer to the instructions of the respective manufacturers.:
Internet Explorer (http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies)
III. – TECHNICAL COOKIES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE THE USER’S PRIOR CONSENT
Technical cookies are used to allow the site to function and/or to provide the User with a service or function that the User has expressly requested.
Therefore, they guarantee the normal navigation and use of the site, also allowing the preferences expressed by the User to be saved and thus optimising his or her navigation. The site uses both first- and third-party technical cookies. The technical cookies used by the site can be divided into the following subcategories
– “user input” cookies: session cookies used to keep track of the data provided by the user by filling in the appropriate online forms (for example, the forms present during the purchase process to enter the shipping or billing address) or, as in the case of the shopping cart, to remember the items that the user has selected and placed in the cart by clicking on the appropriate button.
– Authentication cookies: cookies used to identify the user after logging in and allow him/her to authenticate and access the content and/or functionalities for which this log-in is necessary (e.g. purchase, access to the Personal Area).
– Other functionality cookies: cookies that are used to activate specific website functionalities and to store the choices made by the User concerning the display of the website pages.
– “Consent cookie”: a cookie that documents the User’s manifestation of consent to the installation of profiling cookies by performing one of the actions described in the banner/short notice, recognises the User when he/she accesses the site a second time so that consent to the installation of cookies has not to be requested again and has a duration of 12 months.
There are several technologies used to store information on the user’s computer, which is then collected by other sites. Of these, the best known and most widely used is HTML. They are used for navigation and to facilitate the user’s access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the electronic network or for the provider to provide the service requested by the customer. The settings for managing or deactivating COOKIES may vary depending on the Internet browser used. In any case, the user can manage or request the general deactivation or deletion of cookies by modifying the settings of their internet browser. Such deactivation may slow down or prevent access to certain parts of the website. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site. The COOKIES that are inserted into the browser and retransmitted by Google Analytics or by the statistics service of blogger or similar are technical only if they are used for the purposes of optimising the site directly by the owner of the site itself, who may collect information in aggregate form on the number of users and how they visit the site. Under these conditions, the same rules on information and consent apply to Analytics COOKIES as to technical cookies. From the point of view of duration, a distinction can be made between temporary session cookies, which are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session and are used to identify the user and, avoid logging in each time a page is visited, and permanent cookies, which remain active on the computer until they expire or are deleted by the user. Session cookies may be installed to allow access and permanence in the reserved area of the portal as an authenticated user. They are not stored in a persistent way but only for the duration of navigation until the browser is closed, and they disappear when the browser is closed. Their use is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers consisting of random numbers generated by the server and necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the site.
IV. – OTHER TYPES OF COOKIES OR THIRD-PARTY TOOLS THAT MAY USE THEM
In relation to where they come from, we distinguish between cookies sent to your browser directly from the site you are visiting, and third-party cookies sent to your computer from other sites. Persistent cookies are often third-party cookies. Most third-party cookies are tracking cookies used to identify online behaviours, understand interests, and therefore tailor advertising to users. Third party analytical cookies may be installed. These are sent from third party domains external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to collect information about the user behaviour on the www.shop.autohome-official.com and www.autohome-official.com sites. This is done anonymously to monitor performance and improve the site usage. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles of users on the www.shop.autohome-official.com and www.autohome-official.com sites in order to offer advertisements in line with the choices made by the users. The use of these cookies is governed by the rules laid down by the third parties; therefore, users are invited to read the privacy notices and the instructions for managing or disabling cookies published on the corresponding web pages.
V. – HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE INSTALLATION OF COOKIES?
In addition to what is stated in this document, you can manage your cookie preferences directly in your browser and prevent, for example, third parties from installing cookies. You can also use your browser preferences to delete any cookies you have installed in the past, including those in which you have consented to the installation of cookies by this website. It is important to stress that by disabling all cookies, the operation of this website may be impaired. You can find information on how to manage cookies in your browser at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Windows Explorer.
VI. – THE DATA CONTROLLER